I have 80 hours on my ltx 1045 mower. Every time it's used something goes wrong. Have replaced the cheap PLASTIC roller that lifts the mower deck up and down three times. And have also had to replace the cable as well. Because the cable will slip off the roller and cause the mower deck to tilt and will scalp one side if the mowed path. Ruining my grass. I've also had problems with the mower starting. Replaced battery and still having problems. Latest incident , mower completely shut down while mowing. Now won't even turn over. Nothing !! Had a JD that caught on fire. Would rather have it back than keep this worthless cub cadet.

Review about: Cub Cadet Lawn Mower.

Had an Experience with Cub Cadet?

Comments

Reading, Pennsylvania, United States #714310

Having the same problem with the deck lift cable.The dealer where I bought the tractor said they haven't heard of any problem with it before.

I have replaced the cable and the guide twice and have to put the cable back on the guide again today before I cut grass. If you notice the problem soon enough, you can get the cable back on before there is damage to either part. The lift cables on both sides are at very big angles from where they connect to the tractor frame, cross the guide then run down to the deck.

I paid a lot of money for this tractor and I'm surprised as this strange problem.