Junius H

Poor website support

This company has one of the worst sites I have had the displeasure to use. First, the site speed is like going back 30 years - it is SLOW! Second (and even worse), the search engine for parts is a ZERO! Using their search engine, I put in the model number, select the part and wait for the part page to load. I then input the mower model number to confirm the part will fit and... their *** site says the part they recommended for my mower WILL NOT FIT! Their site manager is an IDIOT!
Cons:
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Repair parts.

User's recommendation: DO NOT buy anyhting from this company. The item will eventually fail and you will be screwed!

EM Cop

Terrible Customer Service

Original review Mar 16, 2024

We tried to order for 2 days a few parts and they had website issues. We called Customer Service on the first day we tried to order and held on line for 1 hour.

The Customer Service that answered stated there were no website issues and we could try again the next day. No offer to take our order. We tried to order again the next day; but the website issues remained. We called Customer Service again, held online for 1 hour again and finally the CS agent took our order.

When she totaled our order to pay, she charged us for shipping. She stated when you call CS to place your order; you must pay shipping. We stated why should we be charged shipping when we couldn't order online. She said she couldn't waive the shipping charge.

Then she transferred us to somewhere that supposedly they could waive the shipping charge. And provided a case number and phone number in the event we got disconnected. We waited for another hour and no one ever picked up our call. That was on our land line.

We called the number provided on our cell and the call went directly to music. We had 2 phones waiting with only music playing. We disconnected the call on our cell and called CS again and after half an hour; a CS agent finally picked up. We explained our issue and she said she could not waive the shipping charge.

Only the number we were holding for - now 1 1/2 hours on our landline. We were very calm and I asked to speak with a manager or supervisor. She said that was not possible and I needed to continue to hold for the number we were holding for 1 1/2 hours. We advised CS we were going to just hang up both calls since we spent 2 1/2 hours on hold trying to place an order with the shipping waived; and order via Amazon.com.

She didn't care. She acted like we were bothering her and just wanted us to hang up. We did hang up and ordered the parts via Amazon.com. Cub Cadet is owned by Black & Decker now.

Do I say more?

When we retire this snow blower, the new one won't be a Cub Cadet. Poorest Customer Service ever.

Cons:
  • Poor customer service
  • Charge 25 dollars for service-repair manual

Preferred solution: No solution. We already ordered our parts needed. Hopefully by publishing our comments; future customers will receive better customer service.

User's recommendation: Poorest Customer Service Ever - 2 1/2 hours on hold

Gary J C

See below

After purchasing a XT2LX42 mower I found that Cub Cadet no longer has grease fittings on the front wheels. For the $3100.00 price I expected to get $2.00 grease fittings. This now makes me wonder what else I will find substandard.

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Shop very carefully

Dewain M

New parts

I have a ztr mower about 2 year's old. I noticed the 2024 model has front suspension. Can these be purchased to install on my ztr?
Pros:
  • Great machine

Preferred solution: Front suspension for ztr mower

map-marker Vincennes, Indiana

2 Dealers HUNG up the phone on me

I bought a Cub Cadet GT1554: the first Hydro belt lasted 75 hours. But from then on, the hydro belts I bought from the Cub Cadet Dealer lasted only 20-25 hours.

The dealer I bought the tractor from did not help me when I complained and they hung up on me, so did another cub dealer. I called Cub Cadet Corp and THEY ALSO HUNG UP ON ME. I finally found out that the belts that the dealers were selling to me were the WRONG belts. I will NEVER EVER BUY a cub cadet EVER AGAIN.

If you are thinking of buying a cub, DON'T !! I just replaced the Cub with a GRAVELY: I absolutely LOVE the Gravely.

GREAT company, Great Dealer, Great Service. CUB CADET = *** SERVICE: Mouthy Dealers, and they treat you like DIRT !!!BU

User's recommendation: Buy anything else but a Cub Cadet.

Guest

Why did they hang up on you ?

Dale S Kfc

| map-marker Jefferson, Wisconsin

New Cub Cadet Snowblower did not have Belt Cover Secured

After 30 years of using an MTD snowblower I bought at a Wal-Mart I upgraded and gave my old unit to my son-in-law. Bought new unit in October and was just itching to use it.

Had snow this past Tuesday finally and went to use it at night after work. Had made 2 passes on driveway and kept hearing strange noise. Took it by lights of garage to look. The belt cover was loose and bouncing around.

It was never attached at the factory. They forgot to install 2 damn screws as screw holes still had paint in them. Loose cover damaged the drive belt. I called Cub Cadet, not very apologetic.

Sending me 2 screws and a new belt, but here I sit with a unit I will not use until I can install the belt cover. Have to fix it myself if I want something that will run in the next 2 weeks as the place I bought it from said they are too busy. I have had to shovel my driveway 4 times since Tuesday. So much for attention to detail and quality checks during factory assembly.

If they were inspecting their process is not effective. Makes me wonder if I can trust the unit in the future. My old MTD only failed me one time in 30 years and my son-in law and daughter have used it 3 times this week. Really can't recommend Cub Cadet right now...

unsure if I ever will be able to do so.

First impressions are hard to change if good or bad! Disappointed in Wisconsin!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Unsure currently
Cons:
  • Quality experience was poor makes me question my purchase

Preferred solution: A real apology would be nice and compensation for my likely 5 hours already lost

User's recommendation: Check whatever brand of machine you buy very closely before you take it from the store.

Ronette Oiw
map-marker Covington, Georgia

Have been waiting since June 5 for them to send me a replacement part that is coming every month we are almost in oct

Cub Cadet - Have been waiting since June 5 for them to send me a replacement part that is coming...
One of the wheel side cast broke off and I stopped by Home Depot and they told me to call the 1800, which I did they gave PO to take it to a place near my house which I also did and we are still waiting for part .

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t buy A Cadet stick to brand products like John Deer

Guest

Cub Cadet is a horrible product for the price .

View more comments (1)
map-marker Wayne, New Jersey

The worst customer service

They take your money, never provide the product, and they never answer the phone. This is the worst customer service ever.

User's recommendation: stay away as they take your money, never send you a product, and never answer the phone

Elizabeth E Aja

Verified Buyer

Customer Service

Cub Cadet - Customer Service

Purchased a Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro in April 2022 and within a year the belts kept breaking. I left a bad review on Home Depot's website because the one local place that repairs them than could come out has ripped me off before and Cub Cadet reached out to me to have me call them, I called several times and the customer service line closes at 4:45 PM EST not 5:00 as stated.

I finally got ahold of someone a week later and they had no idea why I was asked to call and I had the wrong case # which was provided in the email. I finally broke down and called the authorized repair place and 8 weeks later they have a $356+ bill for me of course they found stuff they "had" to do before returning it to me, and after sitting for a month before they could look at it included a new battery, a air filter cover we don't remember seeing and the pick up and delivery fee. I just spent 15 minutes waiting for Cub Cadet chat to complain and got a "sorry chat closes at 5:00 PM EST message.

OH and the local place gave me an attituded when I told her I didn't have the money to get it back last week and when I told her we bought another mower because that one wasn't powerful enough for my yard so I was going to sell it anyhow, she wanted to know why I wanted it fixed if I was going to sell it, well after not having a mower for 6 weeks, and it was not working more than it was for the prior year, I needed to do something. I just hope I'm not going to regret buying a Cub Cadet Zero turn since there was limited supply left in August.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Reasonable price
Cons:
  • Customer service sucks

Preferred solution: Customer service that knows what they are doing. Money lost will be what I now have to pay out of pocket that was found "not covered by warranty" and caused by authorized repair shop,

User's recommendation: Don't expect customer service

Pete G Amz

Suggestion

My last two 1050 Cub Cadets had sealed bearings on the mower deck, and they have not held up. I think when you did away with being able to grease the bearings manually was a mistake.
Jacky Xos

| map-marker Lawrenceburg, Tennessee

I am trying to resolve an issue for the last 4 months and i cannot get the right person

well I bought the 60'' steering wheel zero turn and about 3 months later the steering in it went out, so I took it back to the dealer and they fixed it and said because there insurance people said it was a user error they wanted me to pay $500 and I asked them why it was not on the warranty after all it is still a brand new machine they claimed that if I wanted to take the machine I would have to pay them the $500 and change. Till this day they still have the equipment and i am still being charged for something I am not in possession of, at this point I believe it should be a warranty issue and I really do not want it back.

Also at the time of purchase I and the dealer set a pay by phone with cub cadet over the phone, I gave them the information they needed and for the first few payments everything worked as it should until I called to make a payment and the Cub cadet employee whom could hardly speak or understand any English had me to give her my information again, and she ended up changing one of the numbers to my account resulting in $2300 they never received and resulting in late payments and effecting my credit score, I will admit that I lost track of 2 payments and that is totally on me. but as for now I just want them to quite charging me and I cannot get ahold of anybody to help me out.

User's recommendation: do not buy a Cub Cadet

Marchetta T

| map-marker Morristown, Tennessee

Agonizing

6 months theyve had my warrantied mower but, no part in sight or a day or month or year when Ill get it back? Every week calls to service and nothing. Today I called customer service and through my whole career as a customer bilingual assistor for over 49 years Ive never had such a rude supervisor . Someone needs to call me to file a complaint about this man so they can listen to the call done today between 12:15 and 2:00 pm
Loss:
Cons:
  • Horrible customer care

Preferred solution: Money back

User's recommendation: Don’t buy a cub cadet!

Ronald D Sit

DON'T BOTHER CALLING LEVEL 2 CUSTOMER SERVICE, THEIR PRE-PRINTED REPLY SCRIP IS WORSE THEN LEVEL ONE, TRY CALLING THE DISTRICT REP, AND BOTHER HIM UNTIL HE DOES SOMETHING UNFORTUNATELY, THE REP IN MY AREA IS A WASTE OF TIME, AND BASICALLY AN EMPTY SUIT WEARING A CUB CADET CUSTOM EMBROIDED SHIRT!! SUE THEM GO TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT AND SUE THEM!!!! THE LEVEL 2 SUPERVISOR TOLD ME, "STAND IN LINE, THAT IS WHAT WE HAVE ATTORNEYS RETAINED FOR", THEY STINK!!

Jhalil Lzq
map-marker Indianapolis, Indiana

Inquiry

Horrible service. I have a troybilt riding lawnmower ( only 10months old) that needed repairs to the blade engagement system (I have a 3yr manufacturing warranty & a 2 yr replacement warranty) first company (London electric) damaged the deck horribly second company has now been waiting on a new deck and parts for over 2wks tried calling cub cadet but can't get past "customer service". Guess customers aren't allowed to speak to companies anymore.

User's recommendation: Company only wants your purchases not willing to speak to you

Joseph J Jei

| map-marker Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh

Bought one had issues with bottom cast broke ,waiting for 5 months to get part.

Not even a year old and front wheel cast snap off and Home Depot told me that they are not responsible that I have to reach out to you guys.
Pros:
  • Good engine
Cons:
  • Horrible bottom cast

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t buy one

Blaze Riz
map-marker Brownsville, Tennessee

Spindles suck ,I have my zero turn 50 inch for just 3 years and the Spindles are blowing apart.Had a John Deer for 10 and it never happened.

The spindles are falling apart,just turn 3 years old and have to replace spindles, so disappointed in cub cadet. Ihad a John Deer for 10 years and it never had to have them replaced. Never buying a cub cadet again.I had it 1 month and the deck rods that hold the deck up fell out.What they don't tell you on the warranty you have to pay for them to pick it up and bring it .I am retired so it isn't like I am driving it crazy.Should have know if black and decker owns it it a piece of crap.
Pros:
  • Good engine
Cons:
  • Falling apart
  • Cuts for crap

User's recommendation: Stay away from cub cadet

ALVIN P Ecu

| map-marker Houston, Texas

Purchased new Lawn mower not working

I purchased a new battery mower (model #33AA27JBD10) from Home Depot on 3/10/23. Once I got home and charged the battery, the mower would not start.

I read manuals and checked online to no avail. I called your customer support and they sent me a list of service centers. The closest service center was 50 miles away. We loaded a truck and took it to the certified dealer along with proof of purchase on 4/5/23.

The service techs have had problems diagnosing the problem along with your service center as I have spoken to the techs. When I call your toll-free number for customer service, I am told to call me repair persons. So far, I am getting nowhere but more non-use of my purchase. I have had a new mower for five months and have not even started the mower and it has not been in my possession for four months.

I have already missed most of the grass-cutting season this year.

It is not an unreasonable expectation to be able to use a new mower when you purchase it, however not having use of the mower 5 months after the purchase is pushing the limits of patience. Please help in this matter.

Al

Ronald D Sit

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article