439 views

My dad brought a cub cadet BC 490 string/brush cutter. After having one replaced within months?

due to leaking oil(enough to cover his pants) it was replaced by the retailer only to have the same problem with a new one. After talking to CS at Cub Cadet they asked him to take it to an authorized service center to start with. The service center, Dunn rite in Greenwood, SC , is a joke. Since he did not appear to want to work on it, he told Cub Cadet that it had been abused.

So in turn Cub Cadet took his word and refused to do anything. Now my dad is 70 plus years old so abusing a weed whacker is pretty absurd. When my dad first started the conversation about a service center with cub cadet, they told him if it could not be fixed, they would have a new one from the factory sent to Tractor Supply which is where the original one was purchased. The guy at Dunn Wrong, I mean Rite, never gave the impression nor had the attitude that he wanted nor intended to service it.

One of his reasons for saying abused was because the plastic primer bulb was cracked which tends to happen to plastic when exposed to the weather. He even told my dad before it was left with him that he had "NO" idea how to fix it and he made the abuse judgment in less than hours from my dad leaving it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cub Cadet Bc 490 String Trimmer.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: stand behind your product and replace defective one.

Cub Cadet Cons: Poor quality for the money, Quality and customer service.

Location: Abbeville, South Carolina

Comments

Did you read the instructions? Since it's 4 cycle you can't tip it and leave it tipped or it'll leak oil.

As far as the ball "cracking" in weather - I have left all my yard equipment in my unheated shed every winter and never had a ball crack from that, in fact where I live the winters stay below freezing from October until April and this has never happened. I long for the days when consumers took responsibility for their purchases instead of putting a company on blast online in an attempt to get what they want.

Cub Cadet Reviews