Featured Not resolved
1.6

Bought a Cub Cadet RTZ in March of 2009. Continually had minor irritating problems with it like the belts constantly breaking which found out later was because the pulleys were not level...

CC fault. The mower deck would never stay where you put it, it kept jumping out of the adjusted spot and I had to hold it with my leg to make it stay. It had always been properly maintained and cleaned regularly. Despite the minor irritants it ran fairly well even past the 5 year warranty....

until 2017. I mowed 1 acre, took a break and finished with about half an acre more. Parked in the shade, cleaned the deck above and under and around the engine area. Raised the deck and parked it in my brothers garage.

Went home to take a shower and 8-10 mins late the entire garage was on fire. The fire marshall said the engine blew up on the lawn mower and was 100% the mower that started the fire. He lost his home, his garage and a small shed and it melted the siding on one side of my garage. Cub Cadet will take no responsibility for their part in this incident and blames it on the engine company.

I'm currently searching for a contingency lawyer. Fire marshall said 10 mins more of mowing and I would have been on it when it blew up. Thanks Cub Cadet, for nothing!! We will meet again, trust me.

Do not buy their products, do your research well and read the reviews. They offer substandard products at best and your well being is involved...possibly your life. Avoid CC.

I've since found other people who this exact thing has happened to with the same year and model.... there was never a recall!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Cub Cadet Lawn Mower.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Out of court settlement of $147,500 to cover cost of mower, garage and contents, home (structure only) , shed (structure only) , damage to neighbors garage and pain and suffering. Or I can continue with my lawyer and go after 1 Mill +.

I didn't like: Dangerous, Design, Quality of product.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 18, 2017.

Comments