Franklin Lakes, New Jersey

We purchased a new Cub Cadet LTX 1045 from Home Depot in Rivrdale, NJ.Just over a year later the transmission failed, we do not even use it to pull a thing, just cut our lawn.

Call the Home Depot and they tell us they have noting to do with it once it is sold, we can bring it in and they will send it out. We check on line and see this is a common failing with this unit. We talk to the Manager "JOE" at the Home Depot and states there is nothing else they can do. We ask for some sort of credit to purchase a different unit and they flat out refuse.

What poor customer service! Spent nearly $2000 for a mover that fails in just over a year!

Don't purchase from Home Depot Will try Lowes from now on for our hardware needs.Be careful.

Review about: Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Had an Experience with Cub Cadet?

Comments

Chicago, Illinois, United States #669407

I bought a Cub Cadet 1042 LTX.Wish I had spend my money elsewhere.

The hood has fallen off twice. The screws tripped out of the cheap plastic. The PTO belt falls off constantly, and has broken four times in the past three years. Not that it costs a lot to replace, but it is a pain and takes me an hour.

Let's see, what else.. It doesn't start easily, and the drive belt has gone out on me. For the money I expected better.

When it is working it cuts okay, and it does turn pretty sharply.Thanks to Briggs and Stratton, it has plenty of power.