1.4
Turnaround Time

Purchased a Cub Cadet 150cc push mower in Feb. 2017.

First season it worked perfect, I loved my 340.00 investment. Off season, I stored it properly as the owners manual req. Come spring 2018, replaced fluids, air filter, spark plug all by Cub Cadet as well. Won't start...I didn't want to mess with it so I looked up the Authorized Service centers listed on the Cub Cadet website and I was happy to know there was one 8 miles from me.

This hole in the wall called Johns small engine works took 3 months to finally tell me, of course after I called them first, that they haven't even looked at it. I was pissed off. I let them know I would be there in 3 days to get my mower. 30 min.

Later they called me saying it was non repairable that the pistons this and cylinder that and I had dirt in my motor, I'm like WHAT???? Are you sure you checked my mower???? Which they couldn't even find at first. I then told them I will go get it.

They gave it to me in a box. I called Cub Cadet and explained what had happened and they tried to send me to another center but they would not touch anything that was already apart and especially from Johns in Lytle Tx. Cub Cadet asked me to find another center that would work on it for a second opinion but no one would. I asked the rep.

From cub cadet if I was to find someone to fix it and they found that not all my mowers parts were here, am I screwed and they told me well unfortunately, yes. Now I took my mower to a CUB CADET AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTER listed on their website and I was told to take it there by a cc rep as well. NOT knowing that cc doesn't even check on these service centers, their reviews, or anything else about these places. The repair people call cc and tell them they work on cub cadets and then cc lists them so all of us customers can ASSUME that cc cares enough about their customers to verify they are a credited business and know what they are doing.

I was told this by a cc rep as well. She told me they don't know anything about these centers they just list them when the ask to put on their list. Boy I just can't believe I lost that much money on something I thought was a good investment and a good company. VERY DISSAPPOINTED IN CUB CADET because they refused to do anything about it and took this guys opionion without any proof.

I also asked the last rep I spoke to if there was a number of snaking on the motorbparts to verify I got my entire mower back and he said NO.

They use different parts here and there during production. So, you all have been informed to stay away from Cub Cadet and MTD.

Comments