I agree with you! I bought a 2010 Cub Cadet LTX 1045 in 2011 and it has been nothing but a pain in the A$$.

First time mowing the belt popped off, then 3 more times before breaking the belt. I'm on belt number 8 now and keep going. I've had the supposed "warranty service" done to the mower at 20 hours but the Authorized Repair Facility claims there was nothing wrong. Put a new spindle and belt on it and said it was done.

about 3 cuts later the same thing: belt keeps coming off. Went to a non authorized dealer and took a look at it up on the lift and could visually tell that the pulleys are completely misaligned. Obvious Cub Cadet factory didn't follow the directions or just have a lousy Engineering Department that can't figure out how to align the pulleys. Have replaced 5 spindles now.

Just recently the carburetor shut off valve stopped working. Prices for the shut off valve run $90 - $150, so I put an inline manual shut off valve and filter that ran me less than $10. Easy fix - and cheapest maintenance I've had to do on this thing. After this season I'm going to be selling this P.O.S.

and buy a BAD BOY zero turn mower. The are American Made and stand by their product.

Several friends highly recommend them. Good luck with the Cub Cadet.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cub Cadet Ltx 1045 Lawn Tractor.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 25, 2016.

Comments